Founder/Inventor Utopia Plastix | CEO of the Utopia Model Companies
Sharina Perry was born and raised in a diverse community in Hobbs, New Mexico. She and her family moved to Oklahoma when her father received a job transfer in the oil and gas industry. Sharina is the mother of three amazingly brilliant and spirited children.
Sharina’s current professional corporate roles revolve around her Utopia Model owned and operated companies. All formed to strategically launch her vision for creating and developing sustainable solutions across global platforms.
These include CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Utopia Genetics, LLC; CEO Eden Grow, LLC, Managing Partner Utopia Solutions, LLC; and Managing Partner Utopia Wellness, LLC. Sharina is the Founder/Inventor of Utopia Plastix, a patented plastic alternative formulated into compounded plant-based resins using agricultural crops. Sharina is also the creator and developer of the Utopia Model, a sustainable eco-system business model. Utopia's compounded plant resin allows manufacturers to use their current equipment as they produce the sustainable, alternative plastic products that the world is demanding.
Sharina is known for her strategic business structure and keen ability to effectively execute. Viewed broadly as an out of the box thinker and innovator. She has challenged herself to shatter glass ceilings and continues to excel in every endeavor she takes on. Sharina Perry is a serial entrepreneur with a long history of starting and growing new ventures.
At the age of 24, as the Director of Operations Sharina fast tracked her company to becoming the largest retailer of satellite systems in the nation. Three years later, Sharina started her own company with a 30k investment. It was repaid in 2 months and her company ended the year with gross revenue of over 2.5 million. She went on to become the only African American female owned company in the industry and was in the Top 5 MDU/FTG providers and a Top 10 Public/Private provider. She launched her business into large corporate and government contracting as a prime contractor. Sharina was the first to introduce the concept of suite type services (cable, internet, phone, etc) to the largest MDU property management company in the state of California.
Sharina holds a considerable number of certifications in business structure, strategy, and development. Sharina believes a hands-on approach and leading by example makes for the most effective leaders. Being highly result driven, Sharina sees this approach as a major reason she is so effective. A key focus for Sharina the past 6 years has been economic development for minority and small business owners. Sharina continues to work with major clients on strategic plans to “shift” at the key timing their industry demands it. With the events of 2020, her strategies helped small business owners not only survive, but also experience increased revenue streams and opportunity.
Utopia Plastix was recently featured on Advancements TV on Bloomerberg TV hosted by Ted Danson as a solution to plastic waste.
Sharina was featured in the April/May 2022 issue of Woman's Day Magazine as an Eco-Hero.
CURRENT ACHIEVEMENTS AND ROLES
Register here to attend the November 9th OVF Power Lunch
- Global Patent and Trademarks
- Advanced Certification in Sustainability and Circular Economics from University of Cambridge Judge Business School
- State Chamber of Oklahoma Council of Advisors
- Sustainable Tulsa Board Member
- Resource Committee Chair
- Governors Minority Business Council
- Business Engagement Committee Chair
- Innovation District STEM Education Committee
- Resolution Sub Committee Chair
- Strategic Planning Committee Co-Chair
- OKC Community Economic Resiliency Plan
- Advisory Committee
- Black Women Business Owners of America
- Founding Board of Directors
- U.S. Chamber Supplier Diversity Task Force Member
- OLAN Member
- Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma
- WISN Committee Member 2021
- Vanguard Award Recipient
- Environmental Excellence 2022
- Oklahoma’s Most Powerful and Innovative Women
- Journal Record 2021
- On the Horizon Award
- OKC Young Professionals 2022
- OKC (Oklahoma City) Most Influential Young Professionals 2022
- I AM SISTA Businesswoman of the Year Award 2022
- Teachers Appreciation Foundation Supreme Excellence Dignitary Award