OKLAHOMA VENTURE FORUM ANNOUNCES THE 2021 ECONOMIC IMPACT, VENTURE OF THE YEAR, AND MOST PROMISING NEW VENTURE AWARD FINALISTS
Winners to be announced during hybrid awards ceremony.
Oklahoma Venture Forum will host Oklahoma’s 17th OVF Awards ceremony on May 12th, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in a hybrid event that will be viewable statewide. This year’s award ceremony features a keynote presentation by Sean Kouplen, Chairman & CEO of Regent Bank, and Immediate Past Secretary of Commerce.
The OVF Awards incorporate three of the most prestigious recognitions a company can receive because they represent the triumph of the entrepreneurial dream and spirit. Evaluation criteria for the Economic Impact Award, the Venture of the Year Award, and the Most Promising New Venture award is based on: product or service innovation, market potential, potential economic impact, and more.
Award for Economic Impact
Venture of the Year Finalists
- The Oklahoma Venture Forum is honored to recognize PPP.Bank for its dedication to small business, and its economic impact in Oklahoma. PPP.Bank is a free, secure resource for small businesses, non-profits, and sole proprietors across the United States who received a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan and are now applying for forgiveness.
- Skydweller Aero Inc. (OKC)- is a US aerospace company developing solar-powered aircraft solutions capable of achieving perpetual flight with unprecedented payload capacity.
Most Promising New Venture Finalists
- Datebox, Inc. dba The Happily Company (OKC)- provide people with great at-home date nights, but, in addition, they have added products such as premium experiences and classes with industry leading experts.
- Respond Flow (TULSA)- an SMS messaging service which allows users to leverage local 10-Digit numbers to schedule and send personalized messages to customers and prospects, while maintaining a personal touch.
- Watkins-Conti Products, Inc. (EDMOND)- a platform women's healthcare company developing affordable and effective solutions for taboo issues faced by women, specifically, with regard to pelvic health.
- Drov Technologies (OKC)- utilized their years of expertise related to tire inflation systems to pivot from a tire inflation company to a technology company seeking to provide a full smart truck and trailer solution for the trucking industry.
“Each year we are impressed by the submissions and look forward to the interview process where we dig deep to learn of each company’s achievements and to get a glimpse at what future innovations they have planned. It is exciting to see impressive new innovations from right here in Oklahoma. Each year the selection process reveals a new group of entrepreneurial pioneers who deserve to be publicly recognized for their achievements. OVF is proud to be the organization who gets to highlight these talents.” explains Che’ Loessberg, Executive Director of Oklahoma Venture Forum.
The Oklahoma Venture Forum is a non-profit organization formed in 1987. OVF is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurial ecosystems and economic development in Oklahoma. The organization provides opportunities for investors, entrepreneurs, and others to exchange business ideas and experiences to foster growth of new and existing small businesses.
The 2021 OVF Awards will be a hybrid ceremony hosted online on May 12th, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. The live ceremony will be held at the OU Health Science PHF Conference Center. The live portion of the event is open to OVF members and sponsors, with limited capacity. Guests are asked to view the event online via Zoom. Please register online through the website: www.ovf.org to receive the Zoom link and please invite a guest. For inquiries about the awards event, please contact Che’ Loessberg at email@example.com.