It’s holiday time! Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and New Years Eve. As we come to the end of 2019 and begin 2020, it’s a time for reflection on the past year and excitement for the year ahead. But, we're only halfway through the 2019–2020 session of the Oklahoma Venture Forum. It’s been a great 6 months.
So far this year, we’ve had an unofficial theme of young entrepreneurs and proven success. We’ve heard from young people disrupting major industries and doing all the things that people always say "you can’t do that in Oklahoma". These young entrepreneurs can’t do it alone, so mentoring has been a big part of this session as well. This was one of the topics that you, the members and guest of OVF, asked for in our survey last year.
Our meetings have also featured inspiring stories of career businessmen and women being highly successful, building thriving companies and having major exits. Once again, proving "you can do that in Oklahoma". This goes all the way back to our keynote speaker for the OVF Chairman's Award for Economic Impact in 2018 Piyush Patel.
In the holiday spirit, I want to give you all a few well wishes in 2020:
• Health, Happiness and Prosperity - More important than success or wealth is being able to enjoy the most important parts of our lives, our families and friends. Let’s all continue to focus on work/life balance in 2020.
• Community, Collaboration and Commitment - A rising tide lifts all boats. Let’s continue working together with entrepreneurs and business professionals all over the state to create economic opportunities for as many Oklahomans as possible.
• Education, Understanding and Opportunity - By meeting each other, bringing guest with you to OVF meetings and embracing the valuable lessons / opportunities of our presenters we can continue to make a positive impact in the Oklahoma economy and entrepreneurial ecosphere.
• Joy To The World! - No explanation needed.
• Bonus: An NBA World Title for the Oklahoma City Thunder, a college football National Title for the Oklahoma Sooners and many Top 10 rankings for our state. Set your goals high and expect the best.
I look forward to 2020 in so many ways, and I hope you do as well. Let’s all work together to create opportunities, share knowledge and raise the tide that will lift all boats in our Oklahoma lakes, rivers and beyond. Happy holidays to all! See you next year.